Inspired by Silolona’s spirit, he conceived a bold and daring plan to build a boat capable of sailing towards the sun. When the boat was launched Atuf’s pure and powerful voice called forth the spirit of his beloved wife, “come my beloved, come join with me on my journey to the sun.” Atuf then named his magnificent boat Silolona.
After a long and arduous voyage under the blazing heat of the monstrous sun Atuf once again called fourth the spirit of Silolona. With renewed strength Atuf then hurled his magical spear shattering the sun and creating all the stars and constellations.
Silolona is a powerful hand crafted traditional wooden sailing vessel newly build from the finest tropical hardwoods to German Lloyds specifications by the Master Konjo boat builders of Sulawesi. This magnificent vessel melds the best of the traditional spice island sailing vessels with all of the modern amenities and safety features one would expect in a vessel of her quality.
Silolona’s tastefully appointed décor, spacious decks, delightful Asian fusion cuisine, full range of aquatic activities, and the smiles of her dedicated professional crew provide the perfect setting for Patti Seery’s sojourns of discovery. The most successful and sought after travel experiences in SE-Asia.
- Registry: Bali, Indonesia
- Launched: July 2004
- Builders: Konjo Boat Builders
- Style: Traditional Gaff Rig Phinisi
- Built to German Lloyd Specifications
- LOA: 50 meters
- Beam: 10 meters/33 feet
- Draft: 3.07 meters
- Cruising Speed: 10 to 12 knots
- Fully licensed PADI Dive Center
- Interior fully airconditoned
- State Rooms: 3 king suites, 2 double suites
- Crew: 16 + Expedition leader
- Passengers: Cruising 10 – 12
- Tenders: 3 Tenders, 5.8 m
- Raja Ampat
- Savu Sea
- Andaman Islands
- Mergui Archipelago